Today is Veteran's Day .. as I remembered this, I popped on my computer and sent a message to Paul to wish him a Happy Veteran's Day. He Thanked me and then I went on my way to think what exactly Veteran's Day is about. Many Americans mistakenly believe that Veterans Day is the day America sets aside to honor American military personnel who died in battle or as a result of wounds sustained from combat. That's not quite true. In fact, we already have a Holiday for that it's called, Memorial Day and it is the day set aside to honor America's war dead.

Veterans Day, on the other hand, honors ALL American veterans, both living and dead. In fact, Veterans Day is largely intended to thank LIVING veterans for dedicated and loyal service to their country. November 11 of each year is the day that we ensure veterans know that we deeply appreciate the sacrifices they have made in the lives to keep our country free. As, I think of this day, especially after last weeks election, I am very humbled and grateful to those men and women serving our country near and far, past and present. Thank You for serving our country! Here is a picture of Paul in 1989 as he served in Baumholder,Germany when the Berlin Wall was still up or it might have been down by then!?! Though, he has not served in the Military or National Guard in quite sometime, I am grateful to him and many other family members, my dad, uncle, cousins, & brothers. Anyway, Thanks! Sorry Paul, I know you hate it when I post pictures of you on the blog! Enjoy!
3 comments:
haha, well I was wondering how acurate those would be. I did it a million times, and I think we actually ended up with the same kids as my friend, but with freckles. Weird. So you're going to Las Vegas soon? That is exciting! I hope you have a fun time and take a lot of pictures for here.
love the picture!
Thanks Paul!!I appreciate you and your sacrifice!...love the pic!
Post a Comment